Despite the constant bitching about going to tampines everyday for training, it is kinda sad that it's all ending. Despite the distance, I really liked slacking everyday when i go there, the tea-breaks and no-stress environment. Thus, the REAL "first day" at work should be starting tomorrow!
Must be positive and hopefully it'll be good and the new colleagues will be fun and no backstabbing! Anyway just to share abit on what I did at OBS (the grand finale of the core training program).
It was a 3 day CORPORATE program so we though it'll be slack but wah lau the first day is shiong man, just like army. Even before we reach shore, the boat stopped and we had to jump in and swim to shore ala survivor style! Reach liao eat nice buffet breakfast then get ready for round-ubin kayak trip. Luckily we were slow so they let us cut through the mangrove swamp. I've been there once during sports camp but it's really fun man. Kayaking through a mangrove swamp is like being so close to nature. I think there are some pictures floating around so i'll post it up next time!
After which we set up camp and cooked. BUT the highlight was that we got turned out at 1am haha. TURNOUT leh, machiam like army. Basically for the uninitiated it means getting woken up and given like 30 mins to prepare to leave by kayak. Night kayaking was shiok as I had to navigate haha. Luckily the current was with us and we were like flying along! Took 50 mins instead of the usual 2 hours.
Then stop at OBS camp 2 and build raft for 2 hours plus. And luckily, the raft held and we paddled 800m or so back to the main camp. Wah piang, the raft is like not moving in the huge SEA la. And the barrels were like slipping out so the guys on the barrels had to be like gymnast and keep on adjusting so that it doesn't topple the whole craft. Damn comical but the pictures will do it more justice.
Other than that, the next 2 days quite typical OBS so nothing to blog about.
Just to sum up, I think UOB is pretty much a welfare organization with strong emphasis on family. I kinda like that alot and hopefully it's not a skewered first perception. Like one of the big shots said, u get lower pay but u leave earlier and have a life as compared to other international banks.
So just hang on for the photos!