What day is it today? Ans: 30th September!
Besides that?
Well, its blog reform day! Did up a totally new look for this blog. Why? Cause its 30th September (plus bb keep complaining it looks too plain)!
So I was thinking what to put for the banner? As I looked around my room for inspiration, I saw her esprit package. Which lead me to think of the parcel which I sent back to her just for today (which she of course opened it muchhhhh earlier). So, to reflect her compulsive shoppingtillidropdeadordanielhasnomoremoney-phobia, I chose the esprit box as the background. Next, I would like to thank Derek (my bro), for helping me to do up the collage of photos as all my photos were stored in my comp at HOME! I gave him a powerpoint slide of what I wanted (screenshot below) and he help me did up a prelim idea of what he thought it’ll look like. Kudos to him. After which, I revamped it to what it looked like now by downloading over 600 fonts from deviantart just to create this look. Is it nice or what? I next copied the template from some guy. Updated it with a youtube video (ie the one which made Xiuwen cry on our 1 year) and things like wish list etc. And here you have it! A simple clean blog which took me freakin long because I din realize understand how to code it.
Besides being blog revamp day, what day is today? Yes baby, it’s our two years as well. I’ve often asked her and others, did anyone expect us to come this far? Surprisingly, everyone said no (those asshole*!). I am far away in New York now. Not able to be by her side on such an important day. On a day that nobody expected us to reach. Have we surprised everyone? Yes. Have we surprised ourselves? At least not me. I just want to use this opportunity to let bb know and everyone out there at least, a relationship is a lot about commitment. Long-distance, short-distance, even if you stay near each other. It’s a lot about sacrifices and understanding. It’s not always lovey-dovey like in the movies. Sometimes it’s about being able to be there for each other when the odds are down (which is why I think wedding vows are the way they are). It sucks haha (I’ve been there). It’s easier to give up sometime but are you?
Let me just end of by repeating what someone told me as I was traveling in the initial period before this.
“Everyone is going around looking for the perfect partner. They only want the good times and when the bad times come around, they realize they are lost. They do not see the beauty of a relationship. It’s not about the perfect partner but finding someone whom you can still love despite all the flaws. Being able to see them for the way they are, not what you want them to be.”
Loving you always,
DDD
29th October 11.52pm