Sunday, September 17, 2006
After 2 weeks of school
Well, everyone thought life here is supposed to be super easy! You know no assignments, simple stuff. But everyone is wrong! Haha, alot of readings and I have a quiz every tuesday on one chapter.. erm but I guess its abou the same as Singapore just that here I actually bother to read the textbook coz bo bian, have to participate in class. But these 2 weeks have been pretty eventful!

I have posted about the Mets game but did I tell you I went Times Square before that. While I was walking 20 streets there, 1 avenue had was blocked out for filming. Here let me attach a photo of it. Can you see the fake grass below the cars. No idea what movie it is but its pretty big scale so remember this photo and see which movie it came out on. I was there haha. Times Square I guess is just overhyped. Most expensive place to shop in town but full of tourist I guess. But Broadway is there so everywill will watch their plays in that area. Pictures tell a thousand words!





Next significant event? That will have to a trip to the Brooklyn Bridge and Ground Zero on 10th Sept. Yes the day before Sept 11! We din know George Bush was supposed to be there! The security was super tight and the atmospher was so tense. There were some protestors there as well with signs and big black balloons! Oops but before that we went to walk the Brooklyn Bridge into Brooklyn. Not bad but the Golden Gate Bridge was much better man. Took some photos there before gg to see Ground Zero. If you look carefully at the photo with the Manhattan skyline in the background, there seems to be gap amongst the buildings. Yeap that was the place where the World Trade Center used to be. Kinda sad when I knew about it. When we got to WTC, there was a one street barricade so can't get near thanks to Mr Bush! Go see the pictures on my webshots! But if you are impatient, here is a sneak peek:



Well nothing much le. Oh did I mention i went for Broadway? Haha. Well I caught Beauty and the Beast at the Lunt Fontanne Theatre. The ticket was $33 from school. But the market price is $110! Wahooooo. The sets and effects were impressive man. The acting was not bad.. Story-line.. well you know how the story goes.. so to squeeze it in i guess bo bian la! More pics! Btw the polo was from my bb! Lacoste! Coz she knows I like their polo so much! Thanks bb! That's abt it for now! I'll go learn how to arrange the photos properly this sucks man sheesh! Oh! Happy Birthday Jes Wee!




 
posted by dan at 12:38:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: